Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning
and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, reports to one or more member(s) of the
Internal Audit senior management team. Manages and directs daily activities of more junior auditors
assigned to assist the Supervising Auditor during an engagement. Applies risk and control concepts to
scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit
senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
• Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
• Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
• Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
• Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
• Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
• Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
• Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality,
accurate, and efficient results
• Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all
• Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in
line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and
• A minimum of at least 2 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional
certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
• Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
• Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines
• Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology,
operations, or investigations
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
• Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
• Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure
work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
• Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
• Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
• Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
•Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and
what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing
• Good communication skills along with good or developing negotiation skills
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
• Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
• Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
• Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
Hardworking. Entrepreneurial. Obsessed with Client Service.
Does this sound like you? The success of SSAE 16 Professionals is dependent on the professionals who live and breathe our credo everyday. It takes a special professional who is able to deliver the unparalleled client service we provide to each and every one of our clients.
Our ultimate firm resource is our people. We offer employees the leadership, advantages and opportunities commensurate with our recognition of their high worth. We take great pride in offering our employees training, defined career paths, recognition, rewards, and a collaborative team environment that inspires exceptional performance.
Our firm’s culture really sets us apart from other companies. We believe in providing a workplace where people can have a challenging, rewarding career, while at the same time enjoy a productive, fulfilling personal life. As a result, we have developed a firm culture centered on work/life balance.
Do these characteristics match your career aspirations? Contact our Human Resources department to pursue your new career!