After starting his career with Ernst & Whinney, Jim became a Business Advisory Services Partner with Grant Thornton, LLP, a large multinational CPA firm. With 30 years experience in governance, risk and compliance related services, Jim is proficient in COSO based internal audit methodologies and has helped establish internal audit infrastructure for clients, performed over 100 SAS 70/SSAE 16/SOC 2 Audits and readiness assessments, multiple enterprise risk assessments and has planned and directed over 50 SOX and Internal Audit engagements. Specifically, Jim's experience includes the following:
- Jim has worked with over 40 different publicly traded companies assisting them with Internal Audit or SOX compliance initiatives - within information technology, business process, entity level controls, and corporate governance.
- Jim has directed various information technology related audits including SAS 70/SSAE 16/SOC 2 audits for small, mid-size and large companies and reviews of general computer controls and application controls.
- From an Internal Audit perspective, Jim has helped his clients align internal audit and enterprise risk management activities with the overall strategy and vision of their respective organizations.
- Jim has initiated and directed the Internal Audit function for five different companies - three while working in private industry and two while working as a Business Advisory Services consultant.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - Orange County Chapter
- University of Southern California, BS - Accounting
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair, Irvine Housing Opportunities, Inc.
- Former Member, Big Brothers & Sisters