SSAE 16 Professionals differentiates itself from local, regional, national, and “Big 4” CPA firms in several distinct ways:
- Our leadership team has over 80 years of business management, operations, and information technology (IT) experience. Each of our professionals has over 10 years of relevant experience at “Big 4” and other large international or regional accounting firms. Each of our professionals carries one or more of the following designations: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), and/or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional). We treat our staff as valued and highly talented peers, allowing us to pass on the cost-savings to you.
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Registered
- As a registered CPA firm with the PCAOB, both your management team and your clients can rest assured our firm is upheld to the strictest of auditing standards. If you have clients who are publicly held, having your SSAE 16 (SOC 1) audit performed by a PCAOB registered CPA firm will give your client’s auditors the comfort they need to rely on our SSAE 16 (SOC 1) audit report.
- We pride ourselves in working closely and collaboratively with our clients to ensure all service related risks are addressed with appropriate control objectives and control activities. Our detailed approach also helps to identify opportunities for improvement within our clients’ operations. Our proven methodology, flexible delivery methods, efficient economic operating model, and focus on adding value for our clients is evident in everything we do.
Fixed Fee Engagements
- Many firms quote a low fee with a lot of assumptions and then hit the client with change orders when the work inevitably takes longer. Our quote is set in stone (fixed fee), and we will write off any excess time to get the work done properly (any time incurred on top of our fixed fee would be our first year investment in hopes of establishing a long-term SSAE 16 relationship with our clients).
Leverage Model with No Firm-Required Profitability Tools
- Our low overhead model allows us to pass the cost savings on to our clients. We not only charge competitive fees, but we can reduce the number of hours required to complete the work.
- Experience is on our side. We have in depth knowledge of SSAE 16 rules, execution of jobs, and knowledgeable professionals. We will NOT stick new associates on the job so they can receive on-the-job training at our clients’ expense.
- Our readiness methodology is much more detailed than others who quote a low fee and then highly gloss over selected areas. We do a full/complete SSAE 16 readiness run through of all controls/areas and provide detail on what needs to be done to pass every test associated with general controls and application level controls.
- We provide our clients with a gap matrix on what would pass right away, what would partially fail, and what would fail that needs remediation (in priority order and how to fix it). Some firms go right into the SSAE 16 and realize there are issues which result in a qualified opinion. By that time, you’ve spent a lot of time and money only to get a qualified report. With our approach, we perform a detailed readiness review, allow you to fix the issues, and then start the clock ticking on a 6 or 12 month coverage period. We return at the end of the coverage period, test back through the period, and proceed to the report preparation as soon as the coverage period ends.
- Unlike many firms, the partners, directors, and managers at SSAE 16 Professionals take a very active role in each engagement. We do not disappear after the proposal process.